Why a feminist magazine?
You may be wondering why I’m so passionate about making this a femensit magazine —and no, I’m not some men hating person at all— it was something that happened at the moment, I was thinking of ideas for my magazine and got some magazines for inspiration. You won’t imagine how perplexed I was as I read them. “How to make him like you back” , “how to please him” “how to be the perfect girlfriend”, “how to have the perfect body” (like what even is a perfect body?! Who sets those standards?!) all these articles baffled me. Even though these are women magazine they were more focused on girls needs. Making us, girls, seem dependent over guys. Then, minutes later, I go on twitter and the first thing I see is a tweet bashing girls tweeted by an account named “menenist” and retweeted by multiple guy friends of mine. This made my mind up. Even though I’ve never been a “die hard” feminist like Miley Cyrus, I still felt like I wanted to make a point with my magazine, portray a message, and talk about things that are actually relevant to US, girls! Even though we’re —luckily— not in the times where girls had no rights and were nothing but housewives, there’s still MANY things lacking when it comes to our rights, that I have personally experienced, that my mom has experienced, that my girl friends have experienced, that women still experience. Basically indicating that this is a “mans’” world.
No comments:
Post a Comment