Saturday, April 7, 2018

Magazine making process- MASTHEAD

A magazine's masthead is the thing people use to refer to your magazine. When I mention popular mastheads such as Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Seventeen, Forbes,and Times , everyone immediately knows what I am talking about. These mastheads are unique and add personality to the magazine. Mastheads are really important and can determine whether or not our magazine blows up. Which is why this decision was very important and took a lot of time. I wanted something unique that would related to the feminism in my magazine so I knew it had to do with girls. I considered calling it "sisters" but figured it was very prosaic and characterless. I still liked the message it would give. Girls should stick together. Girls are sisters. So I considered naming it after sisters in Spanish, my first language. It was still very ordinary. So I tried Italian and it translates to "Sorella" I immediately knew I loved it and that I wanted that to be my magazine's masthead. I picked a red font called "komika" it is slanted to the right and I added arrows at the ends of the 'S' and the 'A' of Sorella, giving it more uniqueness. I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR