Wednesday, April 11, 2018

magazine making process- 2 page spread


The first page has a plain dark red background because as I have stated on previous posts, colors, add character to everything. In this case the red helped give these two pages a passionate, feisty character. On the first page, I talk about how to be confident, all these tips came from personal experience and observational studies, analyzing what has worked for other people. The article's main title is "GIRL POWER" I love how the title turned out. I wrote the same thing three times, with the same "AMIKA" font and lowering only one size between each phrase starting at 36 and ending at 34, then I lowered the transparency of the second to 50% and the transparency of the third one to 20% moving each one about 0.15 inches to the right to give it a 3D effect. On the actual tips, I used the font LIBRE BASKERVILLE just like I did on the second page of he two page spread. I also edited Sofia's eyes from brown to green using PicsArt because I had initially planned on using more pictures of her, thus I thought changing things up a little bit would look better. I like how the edit turned out and the green contrasts beautifully with her black hair, giving her a fierce vibe. The second picture is one of the pictures I took of myself with my phone's timer. My shirt was plain red and I edited "girl power" into it using PicsArt because I thought it would fit my magazine's theme more appropriately. I ended up not using the pictures with the colorful filters because I thought the darker tones of the pictures matched with my theme better. I achieved this darker ,blue-ish tones using VSCO, lowering the temperature to its minimum and adding blue highlights.On the second two page spread I used 2 different fonts for the article's title, impact label and plasma drip. Impact label gave it a bossy tone and plasma drip gave the word "break up" a very accurate image of how you would imagine the word break up to look like. As for the background, I felt like plain red would be too much, and using marble would be an awful transition from the last page therefore I used a gradient effect to gradually turn the red into white. On this article, I mentioned 21 things that could help you in getting over a break up, once again, I used personal experience since I went through a break up a few months ago. It was easy to list 21 things that have helped me and I am sure my advice will also help my audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR